11.04.2010

Butter

Awhile ago I was making my own butter.  It tasted really yummy.  I liked that is tasted fresher and that I could control how much salt was in it.


 First, you have to shake cream for a really, really, really long time, until it looks like this.  You could have super toned arm muscles if you did this frequently, I'm sure.  Who doesn't want to have nice arms?


Then you have to separate the buttermilk from the butter.


Isn't it such a cute little ball?



 Next, you get to squish it and play with it under cold water so you get rid of any excess buttermilk... otherwise the butter will spoil quickly.


This is my favorite part... it's so squishy and you can make so many cool shapes out of the soft butter.


The finished product!

2 comments:

  1. how cool...so you shook it for how long????

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15-20 minutes. it felt like forever.

    i've heard that you can also make it with a kitchen aid mixer, beaters, or stuff like that.

    shaking is just fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete