11.18.2010

7/14

I'm thankful for shoes.

I love shoes.  They're so fun and cute and the potential to make or break an outfit.

I'm especially glad for shoes when it's cold outside, because they keep my feet warm.

Oh, and when it's blistering hot outside, so my feet don't burn on the pavement.

Or when I'm stepping in rocks or littered areas, so I don't cut my feet.

Or when I'm in a contaminated area so that I don't get infections or parasites, such as elephantiasis.

Seriously.  I am so blessed and so thankful to have multiple pairs of shoes to protect my feet, especially when I become aware that millions of kids around the world don't have shoes and sometimes don't even have clothes (especially not warm ones).

This is also why I love Toms... because they're working to give each kid a pair of shoes.  Next time I buy a pair of shoes, it's gonna be Toms because I want someone else to share in the blessings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment