11.22.2010

11/14

I'm thankful for people who are older than me, wiser than me, more experienced than me.

Sometimes it's just nice for someone to say, "It's okay, you made a mistake.  I've made mistakes too.  But you know what?  Life goes on.  You take a breath, you move forward, and you don't let your past control you... you just let it teach you, grow you, and mold you.  It's okay to be imperfect... nobody's perfect.  You don't need to try so hard to be someone you aren't to do something that's impossible.  And I've come out of trials and mistakes a stronger and more beautiful person than I was before."

I like to hear that it's okay that I don't have it all together... and I like hearing the mistakes of others so that maybe, just maybe I don't have to make the same mistakes as them... that their mistakes and moments of pain can maybe, just maybe, keep a few other people, like myself, from having to work through a few days, weeks, months, or weeks of pain and insecurity.

I am so thankful for those willing to admit who they were, where they come from, the mistakes they've made, and who that's made them today.

2 comments:

  1. I understand this exactly! ...especially the past few weeks.
    -Ana (your roof-sharing neighbor)

    ReplyDelete