11.17.2010

6/14

I am thankful for art/creative expression.

I'm not much of an "artist" myself, but I am totally mesmerized by the things people can create with their hands; drawings, charcoals, acrylics, watercolors, anime, oil paintings, metal sculptures, pottery/ceramics, clothing, blankets, calligraphy, wall hangings, statues, ornaments, glassware, jewelry, graphics, movies, etc.

I think it's fantastic, the resources we have to use our talent to express ourselves, our beliefs, our emotions, our stage in life.  Art has such power.

I also think art goes past what I mentioned above, into the fields of music, photography, and writing, and probably more things I'm missing.  I attempt to use photography and writing to express myself.  I try to paint pictures with words.

Clothing are especially awesome, because people have their own unique style that says something special about them.  Clothing style is definitely an artistic way of expressing yourself and your individuality.

 So yes.  I'm totally a thankful for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment