1.12.2011

another semester

Break went by too quickly.  We sure did do a lot!

It was nice to relax, hangout out, spend undistracted time with my husband, see our friends, crash with our families, and work on some things.

Tonight I tried making some baked beans with some beans that I've had in the freezer.  Problem is... the beans were freezer burnt and disgusting.  Yuck-o.  I'm trying to decide if I should throw them away and waste food or keep them and waste the calories on something that doesn't taste that good.  I guess it didn't cost that much to make.  hmm.... :-)

On the bright side... I did make some potato wedge/fry things in the oven and they turned out yummy.  Crispy and flavorful.  I think the key is for them to be in a single layer.  And, I notice they cooked better in my dark jelly roll pan than they did on the cookie sheet.  So yes.  At least something turned out scrumpti-licious.

My project for tomorrow, possibly: homemade almond milk.

I'll share photos of my break soon.  For now, I'll just share with you the adorable cuteness I get to wake up beside every morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment