2.03.2011

snow, snow, everywhere

A few days ago we got dumped on with an inch of ice and 6 inches of snow.  It might snow again tomorrow.  And Sunday.

I actually don't mind the snow, but I just don't like it in the places I've lived.  Why?  Because there's absolutely nothing you can do with it.  I mean, beyond the snowball fights and the snow angels and snowmen.  That's only fun the first day.

I love the white powdery stuff.  It's beautiful.  I just wish I lived somewhere I could actually enjoy it - like Colorado where I could snow board, or northern Minnesota where I could snowmobile.  Just... not in this flat, boring land.  Here it's just an inconvenience because our states (and vehicles!) aren't equipped for snow storm (like, where are the snow plows?).

However, I definitely still like the winter better than the summer. :-)

- - - - - - - - - - -

Here's something interesting I spotted on a friend's facebook:
  • Go to Google Translate
  • Type in "fun ghoul"
  • Translate to Russian
  • Translate the Russian back to English
  • Laugh
How people find things like this?  I haven't a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment