2.07.2011

the problem of the weight

My sisters are such cuties.  My brother is such a darling.  I can't help but want to squeeze him and smother him with hugs and kisses every time him every time I see him.

One of my amiable sisters and I have recently started keeping tabs on each other's diets/weight.  It's kind of fun!  I think long distance sibling relationships have some advantages, the main one being that neither of us can get annoyed at each other for anything the other one is doing, and thus the lines of communication are consistently open.

So far she's lost 6 pounds (high five!) and I've lost about 3.  We've both been eating more vegetables and have been watching our portion sizes

I would blame my weight gain on being newly married, but I know that's not true.  I actually lost a few pounds the first two months of marriage (after gaining on the honeymoon, haha).  However, I've gained about 10 pounds since October. . . not July.  I think I know what's to blame (okay, besides my lack of self control when it comes to food).

Since October, Jesse and I have been helping to do an internet and in-house broadcast of the basketball teams.  At every game, we get pizza.  Tons of pizza.  We usually have two and a half leftover pizzas, plus bread sticks.  At first it was delicious, but I got tired of it.  But you see, I have this bad habit of eating when I socialize, especially when everyone in the room is eating.  So even when I was tired of it, I just kept eating.  Plus, the smell of it is just amazing.

At the basketball games, none of us practice self control.  Instead, we dive happily into the pizza to satisfy our stomachs and stress.

After my pants started getting a little tighter, I started to wonder... but didn't link the pizza to anything.

This semester I am still helping out with the basketball games, only I did a little research in the pizza company's website.  Each piece of pizza had nearly 300 calories in it.

Last semester, I had been consuming anywhere from 2-4 slices of pizza per game, plus a bread stick, plus garlic bread squares, plus whatever other snacks were around.  Plus my other two meals a day.

I'm pretty sure that was the downfall, because I've noticed myself more easily maintaining/losing weight now that a) there are fewer basketball games and b) I've limited myself to two pieces of pizza per game.

I'm glad I'm still young and it's relatively easy for me to lose weight.  It's not as easy as it was when I was 15, however.  Does it get harder every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment