2.23.2011

cauliflower and rice

On Monday I made some roasted cauliflower and a rice pilaf.

I had bought some cauliflower, but Jesse doesn't particularly care for it raw, which is how I've always eaten in it.  So, I tried something new (roasting it) which is something that most people have probably done before.  I guess I just like my veggies raw.   Jesse liked it this way.  I didn't put the cheese on it, but I imagine he would've liked it even more with the cheese...


I didn't have spinach, but I think the spinach would've tasted delicious in the rice.  I also didn't have pine nuts, so I just chopped up some walnuts instead.  Totally not the same.  Pine nuts would've been scrumptious.  I also used twice as many mushrooms as the recipe called for because we love mushrooms, plus they were starting to go bad.


There's so many recipes I want to try.  Why am I so addicted to trying new things?  I think it's a good thing, because I'm eating such a variety of food and ingredients, so I'm getting a more balanced diet than I would if I ate the same meals over and over again.  Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment